Monday, September 14, 2009

Revival, Resurrection!


Image courtesy : Jon's pics on Flickr, check usage terms before using the image.

A face with wind blowing curls on it, two beady eyes play hide and seek as a jumbo takes off the tarmac in distance and a partially grounded fleet of Jet Airways and Indian is seen amidst variants of Antonovs, Boings and Airbuses. Sun is trying to dawn through clouds after about 5 days as vendors of books, travel manuals and other miniscule articles try to woo passengers in the bus. The guy got excellent communication skills acquired somewhat out of need and partially because at some level he is far more habitual of practicing marketing tactics. The bus has moved some 10 kms and now giant flyovers are providing shade from piercing sunlight.

I have grown more familiar to the face now and we are forming a sort of ‘short friendship’ which will last only till the end of this journey. The 3 feet creature has got nails painted, is wearing pink slippers, yellow lower and a white tee. It has tried once to come to my seat and sit beside me, but soon ran away and I don’t know why!

As the kid turns a bit dormant after having lunch and its father geting busy on calls, I look around and find 2 girls busy chatting and of course the small kid beats me easily when it comes to charming the chicks. You rock buddy! The firang on back seat, to my left is a rather aloof being and probably cares not at all that his luggage lies with the driver in cabin. Having eaten a mom-made Parantha, I am more aware of importance of these people in my life. And find need of expressing myself in more human and visible ways.

Had charged my laptop to enjoy a movie on way back, but the beautiful scenery, lovely wind and sunshine holds me back. Getting images of school picnic days when we would sit in bus seats and enjoy snacks and goodies friends brought, especially the one the girl who usually grabbed a seat before me shared with us.

The guys on seat behind me have started to play some dull Hindi music, which does not suit the environment right. At the same time another thought tells me that mixing different colours produces excellent paintings or some might like vanilla ice-cream in thumbs-up bottle!

Though am solo in the bus people still occupy my mind, what are they actually? Names, Facebook profiles or something that really matter! The kid has got refuge in it’s father’s lap and is busy playing with his glasses as I am taking time to keep some matters at bay and cope my ownself.

Last leg of journey, hilly climes of Amer are there. It is cool weather, but usual dumbness of evenings is profound. May be it is transition from fast paced Delhi life to extremely numb Jaipur one, that takes toll. Anyways kid has found another admirer in the firang, who is trying to amuse the kid, who seems extremely fond of standing in bus and is in hurry to reach Jaipur, impatient just like me! Having bunked for 2 consecutive weeks, classes seem alien to me and thoughts of pending submissions are rather scary. The developments of design and web-development front have been ego boosters. Have to put serious efforts to keep things in control and on track! Signing off. :D :) :/ :$

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback...