Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jan 08' 2009 : Confusing Day


Image courtesy : Tall Chris on Flickr, check usage terms before using the image.

I wake up quite late at 9:20 am, going by recent standards of mine, only to find other fellows either still sleeping or engrossed in early morning teases like loud rock music, newspapers and such things. Having Ram Milan appointed for a post-lunch visit to Chaura Rasta, probably Jaipur's own veersion of Broadway, but unlike the Broadway in NYC it lacks theatres and performing art centres and is known for being a major whole sale market to cater to various needs of the city. I wait for time to pass meanwhile having proper bath and reading few more pages from my recent pick titled "N or M' by Agatha Christie. Around 1:30 in noon we leave for the mart. the bus ride reminds me of blue-lines of Delhi, rickety, over-crowded and grossly unruly but here they don't ride over you! We deboard at Ajmeri Gate and walk our way to the pre-thought shop! Having shopped for the stuff we needed, we take an auto-rickshaw back to our hostel in MNIT. Ram Milan shares with me his worries about choice of stream and concerns like having formed good friendship bonds in present section. Meanwhile a call from Abhishek in Delhi cheers me up as the whole day had passed minus messages or calls from friends. the call ends with me declaring to him a probable visit to Delhi in next week. Later we pass time watching "21", my third time, in Abhinav's room. I and Abhinav visit GT in evening and binge upon some burgers at McD. Buy some chocolates just to suppress the desire of taste of the caffine filled stuff, actually had seem thenm in movie! On way vack I make calls to friends in Bhopal and Mumbai, to feel later the hollowness of my life in the hostel room called "7/13, MNIT". Post dinner a part of me urges me to go to room number 56 while another wishes to go to 58, still another calls for 73 and one more is busy thinking about a special fiend in Girls' Hoste ltwo blocks away. Simultaneously other sections of brain keep on thinking about friendsin Roorkee, Pune, Delhi, Texas, California and more such locations across the globe. And still the brain has rationale to remind me of the mammoth task of completing submissions due on Monday and Tuesday. I try hard, complete 1/6 of my work and move to wash room to find gigantic Himanshu standing shirtless in a towel and washing clothes on this cold winter night. Am quite amazed to hear him ask me for clothes to wash. I come back to my room and scribble whole stuff on paper to take a lot of stuff off my mind and later form it into the blog post. Listen to music on room-mates Pc and fall asleep meanwhile...

4 comments:

vaishali said...

Like always its also gud 1....Better u should not waste time n complete your work rather..is gud option...

Serendipity said...

Maan gaye..u have the capability to confuse..
"Having Ram Milan appointed for a post-lunch visit to Chaura Rasta, probably Jaipur's own version of Broadway, but unlike the Broadway in NYC it lacks theatres and performing art centers and is known for being a major whole sale market to cater to various needs of the city."
I could understand this one until i found the next line consisting of the name "Ram Milan"!!
About the writing skills..you haven't yet lost them though you had a phase log!
Keep writing them!
Good post..

QUIETUDE N said...

well written post...and who is this spl GH wali?;-)

Deepak Nankani said...

hey dude ..... who've u gt in texas man ??????

and anyways nice post
u seriously havent lost ur touch

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback...